Friday, November 17, 2006

I'd like to thank God, the academy, and Microsoft for making possible everything I've acheived to date... | Free Software Magazine

I'd like to thank God, the academy, and Microsoft for making possible everything I've acheived to date... | Free Software Magazine

You know how when people win awards, like an Oscar for example, they get up there and gush things like “I’d just like to thank my parents, and the academy, and my fifth grade drama teacher, and God for this award, omigod!!!”? Well, if I was put in a position today where I was going to have to gush on stage about, say, my computer use, then I know what I would say. There I would be, staring into the sea of admiring faces, and I would gush: “I would just like to thank my PC, the internet, and Microsoft... because as a Linux user I have naturally been complicit in intellectual property infringement and therefore owe Microsoft a good deal of money. Thanks baby, couldn’t have done it without you. Oh, and the cheque’s in the mail.”

Or that’s what Steve Ballmer reckons I should say, anyway.



1 comment(s):

I just wanted to thank you for GimpShop! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 03, 2006 2:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home