Thursday, October 13, 2005

The New GIMPShop - sorta

Well, it's finally here, folks! The newest version of GIMPShop has been compiled for Windows!

You can visit John's blog to pick up your copy. Or you can just click the linkidy here to download the latest GIMPShop for Windows.

For this version, you won't get all the tweaks that Matthias did for the last GIMPShop for Windows. the Deweirdifier, the built-in GTK, the WIMP theme... In fact, I wasn't able to get it to work on my machine. I might need to update my GTK, I dunno.

I wanted to let everyone know about the new version. Let me know of your sucessful installs, and/or your trials and tribulations.

Hopefully I'll hear back from Matthias soon, and we can have the ubercool Windows-ized version we all know and love.

I'll also be on the lookout for a new compiled Mac version as well.

UPDATE: 10-15-05

The Latest version of GIMPShop has been ported to Windows by Matthias!



5 comment(s):

I have the latest GTK installed, but when I to run the new Gimpshop for Windows, it gives an error message: "Prosedure start position gdk_pixbuf_save_utf8 not found in dynamic loading library libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll" (maybe not exactly this way, mine is in Finnish).

Can you help?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 14, 2005 6:31 PM  

My suggestion would be as follows:

1) Uninstall any and all versions of the following: GTK, the GIMP, GAIM, GIMPShop, CineGIMP.

2) Delete any downloaded installers for the above.

3) Go online and download installers for the latest GTK, the GIMPShop I linked here, and GAIM (if you were using it - if not don't worry about it).

4) Reboot your computer.

5) Install GTK.

6) Install GIMPShop.

7) Reboot.

8) Try to open the new GIMPShop.

9) If it works - awesome! If not, repeat steps 1-2, and 4. Then go online, get the older version of GIMPShop (the one Matthias, aka Dakira made), and install it. -OR-

9b) Repeat steps 1,2, and 4, and wait a couple of days until Matthias actually releases his version. (He told me the compiling is done, he just has to "beautify it".)

10) I wish I had more advise.

By Blogger Chad, at October 14, 2005 10:21 PM  

Thanks very much for your quick reply! I think I'll wait for Matthias' version :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 15, 2005 2:37 AM  

I'll wait for Matthias' version, too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 15, 2005 3:18 PM  

Hey ho. I'm done. Sorry for the delay, I had to work alot. Get the new version here:
http://blog.yumdap.net/archives/43-GIMPshop-2.2.8-for-Windows-released.html

Cheers
Matthias (aka dakira) *g*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 15, 2005 4:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home