Monday, October 01, 2007

How to install GIMPShop on Windows

I, James Earls, just uploaded a video to YouTube on how to install GIMPShop on Windows XP. I did increase the audio so everyone can hear better, sorry about that. I used CamStudio to make the video (http://www.camstudio.org) and I used VirtaulDub (http://www.virtualdub.org) to increase the audio volume. Hey, the more I learn, the more I share.



5 comment(s):

Sound is not working....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 14, 2007 8:03 PM  

excellent video! Many thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 02, 2008 10:53 PM  

When I start up GIMPShop, it stops at Fonts and remains that way until I close the unresponsive program. What can I do to fix this?

I went to the GIMPShop in Program files and deleted the font file. I started up GIMPShop and apparently, there seems to be a bug in the bezier tool. Whenever I attempt to stroke path, the error report message pops up. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2008 2:35 AM  

i have attempted to install gimpshop several times, hoping to give it a go. FYI- i have latest version of gimp installed with no problems. this gimpshop just hangs at startup on fonts then poof- it cuts out- quits. i've sent a number of emails to the creator- no responses. i was wondering what might be the problem with my install or if there are known startup problems for gimpshop on xp pro service pack 3.

help.

By Blogger flameape, at July 20, 2008 8:01 PM  

After waiting about 5 minutes for gimpshop to respond, I realized my AV was chugging away really hard. It turns out, Avast was blocking GimpShop. After I added an exception for Gimpshop, I never got stuck at the fonts screen again.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 23, 2012 6:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home