Saturday, October 15, 2005

NEW GIMPSHOP FOR WINDOWS

True to his word, Matthias, aka Dakira, has released his much anticipated version of GIMPShop for Windows.

You can read his announcement here.

And you can download his version of GIMPShop.

From his blog:

The installer includes a recent GTK (which should make GIMPshop work in Win98), the GTK WIMP Windows theme and the GIMP Deweirdifier plugin to make GIMPshop a single window application which usually is more comfortable in windows.

Get it here


Let the GIMPShopping begin!



6 comment(s):

Hi,

please update the links. The installer you link to has an error which makes the shortcuts not work on some systems. I have released a new installer which works now. I also have more mirrors now (but all temporary). If anyone can donate a mirror it would be greatly appreciated!

dakira

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 16, 2005 3:35 PM  

Thanks Dakira.

All the links have been updated (I hope!). Let me know if you move to a different mirror, or if you update the installer, or if you find a link to something old on my blog.

Thanks again for your work!

-Chad

By Blogger Chad, at October 16, 2005 3:54 PM  

doesn't work...looks just like normal gimp...

http://www.pocari.co.uk/misc/gimpshop.jpg

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 21, 2005 11:12 AM  

It's not meant to *look* like Photoshop - it's meant to *act* like Photoshop. The menus are made to be the same, and the keyboard shortcuts are the same.

Also, "normal" GIMP doesn't have the nesting window (the background of your screenshot). Photoshop and GIMPShop do.

Hope that helps clarify some confusion.

By Blogger Chad, at October 21, 2005 11:34 AM  

Hi,

I'm pretty new to GimpShop and I was wondering how I can get the help files to work.

I click on help in the menu and I get a window telling me that it can't find a file and please check my installation.

So, I looked around for gimp help files and downloaded "gimp-help-2.0.9-setup.exe", but when I try to run this exe file I get another window saysing that the "Gimp 2.0 installation path could not be read from the registry. Please install Gimp 2.0.0 or later"

Now I do have two partitions on my hard drive. One for Windows and one for my apps and such. I installed Gimp on this second partition, which is D:\.

Any ideas? Thanks.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 21, 2005 12:30 PM  

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The same thing happens to me. I think what the problem is, the help files #1) are several releases old and #2) still in testing.

This is a GIMP universal problem, not a GIMPShop one.

If you need help with GIMPShop, feel free to use the links on my GIMPShop Links page - or just Google for "Photoshop Tips" or "Photoshop Tutorials" because they would be of more help than GIMP help anyway, since the menu structure matches Photoshop.

HTH!
-Chad

By Blogger Chad, at October 21, 2005 5:45 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home