Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Website Tweaked for Opera Users

I have recently received a few notes from Opera users telling me that they'd love to view the site - but the stinking ads cover half the page. At first I thought they might just be complaining about the ads existing in general. Then I opened up the site in Opera, and it literally was floating over half the site. See the screenshot.


*note: This isn't my screenshot - this was sent in to me. I changed it before I thought to take a screenshot.

It seems that Opera isn't too Blogger friendly. I tried to do this post in Opera on Mac, and it wouldn't load the picture properly, and most of my buttons were missing. Or maybe it's just me. But I've got it working now - or so it seems. Please let me know if there are any other problems. I try to check the site whenever I change the layout. I have several browsers on 3 OSes that I use - but sometimes I miss something.

I considered removing the ads entirely. I haven't made any money off of them (although I have $11 in the Yahoo ones - that I can't get until I reach $100. At this rate, it will be several years before I see a penny). I basically just wanted to get my money back for registering the domain name. That doesn't look like it's going to happen. I did remove the old "lost money" add. That one wasn't as gaudy - but it did look lame on top of every page. I don't blame you for not filling it out.

If you'd like me to remove the ads - please let me know. I tried to put them out of the way (obviously failing at that for Opera users, until now). But that kind of defeats the purpose of the ads. If you'd like to support the site - just visit a few of the Yahoo links. (The Amazon ads don't pay unless you buy something.) Or you could always send me a donation via PayPal.



Anyway. Thanks for your patience and understanding, Opera users. And thanks for letting me know about the problem, Bob and Rav. I now return you to your regularly scheduled GIMPShopping. :-)

Oh - and check out the GIMPShop dot Net Swag Shop for all your GIMPShop related Gear!



0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home